Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i've spent probably 4 hours looking for my answers, I tried the search and I only found 1 answer close to what I needed, the search button is my friend....I know this
Ok, I have a set of 15" winter tires, and I tried to fit these on, but the caliper is obviously in the way. So i was looking on ac delcos site an they're listing more than 1 caliper part number (one for 16 and one for 15 inch rims????) I saw someone else say that there is only one caliper size, can anyone shed some light on this? here is acd's link so you can check for yourself.
http://webcaps.ecomm.gm.com/canada/VehiclePartDescription.jsp?selectedfld=&application=Car/Light+Duty+Truck&year=2008&make=PONTIAC&model=G6&engine=L4+2.4L+2384cc+145cid+GAS+FI+N+Engine+VIN+=+B++++++&productline=14&part=1704

·
M6 G6 GTP
25 Posts
Most sources I buy parts from list different PN's for 15" wheels and 16" wheels (your link timed out) but why not sell the 15" snow tires and purchase some that fit your car rather than replacing your wheels, tires and brakes for a few months.

Not sure if the two are compatible or not, my initial guess is that the smaller caliper for 15" wheels uses a slightly smaller rotor as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought that they'd use different rotors too, but they don't list them that way...i really dont know what the difference is in the calipers...changing the calipers and getting rims is going to be the cheapest way to go if two sizes do exist, I guess i'll have to check myself

1 - 3 of 3 Posts