Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
08 convertible
358 Posts
Red 2007 GT 3.5L, with 162k. Trunk cover and wings are busted, like so many others, so I can't open the top for now. But she's fun nonetheless.
Not sure what a "trunk cover" is. If you're talking about the plastic panel on top with 2 side wings, that should not keep you from using the top. I've seen cars with that panel missing completely and the top worked fine.

If you're taking about the rollup "shade" cover inside the trunk, you can get those on ebay. You can also cheat by sticking something in the right side end to actuate the switch. Just don't put stuff in the trunk above the shade level or something will crunch :)

·
08 convertible
358 Posts
Hey Mark, can you tell me if that scanner covers the Saab 9-7x? (It's the high end version of the Trailblazer/Envoy).
Like you said, easier to justify if you can cover other cars. Or share with a buddy.

·
08 convertible
358 Posts
Elroy, please post your questions here so everyone can see the answers. We can all benefit from shared knowledge and expertise.

·
08 convertible
358 Posts
Hi Dena, sorry to hear that. It's very unusual to not be able to find anyone to work on your rack and pinion. Pretty much any regular garage, tire dealer, exhaust franchise (Midas, Tuffy) and of course dealerships will do that type of work. Do you live in a remote rural area with no auto service shops of any kind or is there another reason?

·
08 convertible
358 Posts
Was wondering if the "winding" sound when accelerate, normal for these cars ... almost like a turbo spooling up.
No it's not normal. There is nothing on these cars that's different from a 4-door G6 or Malibu, to cause that kind of noise.

·
08 convertible
358 Posts
Interesting. Mine doesn't whistle, still original exhaust. I've driven several other convertibles, none of them whistled. Perhaps some had an exhaust defect.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts