Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Legend
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever put one of these in? and do you have to have a special kind of strut or anything? i have my 6 on 20's and the camber on my wheels isnt much but it is causing the insides of my tires to wear out a lot quicker. what would help this? i was looking at the camber kits or maybe a softer tire???

·
Registered
411 Posts
Have you tried having an alignment done first? A camber kit could help your problem but they do not offer a rear camber kit for our cars due to the way the rear adjusts by the rear crossmember. If you haven't lowered it you probably won't need a kit.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Legend
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just got a couple new tires on the front so im getting an alignment either today or tomorrow. i got one before but it only helped a little. i have the front lowered. ( i cut the springs) but i have to replace the tie rod end this afternoon before i go and get an alignment. im sure it will help but i didnt know if a camber kit would help any more or should i just save my time and money.

·
Legend
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If your front end is to far out of spec for an alignment then you would want the camber kit for the extra range. If they can align it as is your golden.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Hopefully they can align it like it is. I'll find out tomorrow. And let you know how it turned out.

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts