Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a coupe and the wind noise is unbearable at freeway speeds. It seems just this is due to poorly designed windows. Is there anything that can be done?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think dynamat will help, the wind comes in from the top of the window. And if your stupid enough to roll down the window for any reason while driving at speed, you get a high pitched whine until you play with the windows and sunroof, equalize the cabin pressue, roll up both windows simultaneously, and last the sunroof. Otherwise you get a whistle again. I was thinking there might have been some sort of trim package created by someone that would replace the oem window rubber. Or something....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine does it too but it's easily fixed with the volume on the stereo.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
LOL. I feel ya on that. But its beginning to seem as if Pontiac didn't envision anyone taking this car over 65 mph.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Thats for sure, my wipers are useless at speed so I just keep it rain-x'ed up

·
Registered
462 Posts
The sedan is even worse. If you have one rear window open at highway speed. The wind buffering boom will blow out your ear drums.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
God I HATE the rear window boom at speed. I get it at over 35mph and if it's one or both it's just horrible.
As for the wind noise maybe you can try to dynamat just the A pillars and part of the roof, like the front and around the sunroof and that would probably help a lot.
Then I would think some window visors would be the only other option. haha

As for the wipers I was thinking of modding up some kind of air damn like this:

Something nicer and more fitting.

Or maybe even try and find something like this:

Just nicer, but I'm not even sure that would help the actual function the wipers at speed... just thoughts ha

·
Registered
536 Posts
I remember years ago when people bought those different colored wipers with those big fins on it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't think dynamat will help, the wind comes in from the top of the window. And if your stupid enough to roll down the window for any reason while driving at speed, you get a high pitched whine until you play with the windows and sunroof, equalize the cabin pressue, roll up both windows simultaneously, and last the sunroof. Otherwise you get a whistle again. I was thinking there might have been some sort of trim package created by someone that would replace the oem window rubber. Or something....
I have the same problem. A beefier window rubber would def help. This isn't a cabin noise issue so no, Dynamat will not help.
I've noticed i'll get the high pitched whine at around 75mph pretty consistently.
Is there a better way to make the window seal?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts