Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a G6 (formerly drove a Ranger). I had an aftermarket CD player in the Ranger, so i was able to hardwire my iPod and not deal with an FM transmitter. Is there anywhere to plug in on the G6?

It's an 07, I think the model might be SE1.

·
Lead Foot
67 Posts
I just got a G6 (formerly drove a Ranger). I had an aftermarket CD player in the Ranger, so i was able to hardwire my iPod and not deal with an FM transmitter. Is there anywhere to plug in on the G6?

It's an 07, I think the model might be SE1.
i just bought a schoshe fm modulater which wires directly into the stereo. it adds a 1/8" jack to a stock headunit via the antenna. Im going to install it tonight, and i will create a thread with pics as soon as i can.
if you want to research it yourself.

edit: to answer your question directly, no, i dont think there is an input on the headunit itself.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. The reviews sound like that might be something I can use. Unfortunately I think I'm going to have to pay someone to put it in :(

·
Registered
292 Posts
Well there is a way if your good at creating circuit boards lol, or you can try the uPAC-GM11b. That's what I have. its expensive but it works. the only down side is that you can't change up the songs through the iPod if its on the ipod setting you have to go through the stereo controls. It is unfortunate that you don't have control of both mediums at the same time. Have to make sure you ipod is organized if you do it that way.

just click on the link in my signature line.

·
Lead Foot
67 Posts
Thanks. The reviews sound like that might be something I can use. Unfortunately I think I'm going to have to pay someone to put it in :(
i successfully installed it last night, and it works! if youre somewhat mechanically minded, you should have no problem installing it yourself, but if youre scared of simple wiring, its probably best to pay someone. like i said, im going to make a how to thread as soon as i can.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts