Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
I have an 09 G6 GT with the monsoon system I have an amp and two subs I am trying to add to this nice system. I have power, ground, and speaker wires connected correctly. My plan was to cut the pink remote wire that turns on the monsoon amp in the trunk and connect my remote for my new sub. But after doing this I am still not getting any juice to the amp. I also used an Install Edge/Rockford line output converter to wire into the right rear speaker I connected both of my converters pos. wires with the blue speaker wire and the neg. with the light blue. Not exactly sure what I am doing wrong here or which one of the two I messed up. Any Ideas would help

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello, thanks for responding.
Well I have been thinking about doing that but i wasn't sure how to tell which wires are only on when the ignition is on. Is there an easily accessed wiring diagram for the trunk box. Or can I just pick wires?

·
GTP 06
588 Posts
I have my remote wire tied to the factory small pink remote wire with a relay. Works fine. I hope you didn't short something out messing with the factory remote wire, that would suck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh ok are you talking about doing a fuse tap? I'm thinking bustin into one of those wires running around it. I wasn't aware you could use a tap with a remote wire, but it makes sense.

Yea I actually stumbled upon pictures of you system when I was preparing for the install and saw that you had done that. That JL looks like it pushes real well! But I didn't use a relay I just cut and soldered the three. I hope I didn't either, but the stock amp is still working. If I shorted it wouldn't the whole circuit blow?

·
GTP 06
588 Posts
this is the new sub and amp I bought. Now when the bass really hits, it sounds like the box is going to explode. lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts