Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm considering get the exhaust done.

personally i like the sound of magnaflow better. it's more like what american
cars should sound. i know a lot of people having gt-r are totally satisfied with
the setup. it's just the idea that an american car sounds euro is weird for me.

as for performance, i really don't know how the difference between those two.
and performance is really an important part in my decision. gt-r is about 15
hp/ 15tq increase? what about magnaflow? there's few product reviews about
magnaflow here. plus i don't think someone has experienced both... most ppl
are talking way more about sound than performance...

help me guys... it's really difficult for me to make such desisions.

·
Registered
331 Posts
The reason people talk about sound is because alot of members..not all.. know that our cars are not exactly built for performance.. but to help with your decision i would go with magnaflow.. :bow:"Calsgtp" has a really sweet exhaust setup and it sounds REALLY american!! ;):beer:

EDIT: and 'Calsgtp' will be on this thread as soon as he see's "magnaflow or gt-r"
one other thing... the gt-r is a nice product but it pretty pricy!!

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
Well here I am with my 2 cents. Are you talking about going custom with Magnaflow? or the Bolt on? The GT-R system has a Magnaflow muffler used in it and they have done testing to show the improvement specs. The bolt on magnaflow is a single outlet while the GT-R is a dual outlet muffler. I have a dual exhaust system that was custom built using two Magnaflow mufflers, and I am very pleased with the sound and performance from it. Click around on Youtube and find what you like, just remember that most of us used cell phones to make our videos so there is some distortment going on.

·
Breaks Stuff
224 Posts
GT-R, no question.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well here I am with my 2 cents. Are you talking about going custom with Magnaflow? or the Bolt on? The GT-R system has a Magnaflow muffler used in it and they have done testing to show the improvement specs. The bolt on magnaflow is a single outlet while the GT-R is a dual outlet muffler. I have a dual exhaust system that was custom built using two Magnaflow mufflers, and I am very pleased with the sound and performance from it. Click around on Youtube and find what you like, just remember that most of us used cell phones to make our videos so there is some distortment going on.
i mean the bolt on system from mag.
im just curious how much boost can i expect from that. as they kinda tie as you see below
...............pros......................cons
gt-r:===gual-out...............euro sound(i dont like it)
mag:==amrican sound............single out
if they can provide similar hp/tq increase. i will go for magnaflow to save 250 dollars.
(gt-r $750 + rear valance $100; magnaflow $600)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that's the problem for me... as far as i know there's no one nearby using the gt-r.
the videos on youtube all have kinda porsche-y sound

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've been running my GT-R for a few weeks now. I have to say it does sound different in person than the videos I had previously watched. The only thing I don't like is you still get rasp in in High RPMs other than that its great.

What state do you live at?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've been running my GT-R for a few weeks now. I have to say it does sound different in person than the videos I had previously watched. The only thing I don't like is you still get rasp in in High RPMs other than that its great.

ontario, canada...

·
07 SILVER GT CONVERTIBLE
121 Posts
GT-R has been in for a couple of weeks must say i'm happy with it.Easy install great sound no rasp at all out of my 3.9.Product is great as far as I'm concerned.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts

Wouldn't a small cherry-bomb resonator fix that rasp?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts