Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem, as the title states. I cant get in my trunk. I closed it this morning and haven't been able to get into it since.

I have a 06 GTP Coupe. (Im going to guess thats the first question anyone wanting to help is going to ask.)

When i try the FoB/interior release button i can hear the lock mech make the typical sound with no luck, and the key wont do it either. I have had friends try and open it while using all 3 methods as well as pushing down on the lid.

I could really use some help if anyone can tell me how i can get into the trunk.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The same thing happened to me. I had a buddy look at the wireing schematic cuz he used to work at gm. He tested the wires and found that he had to get a better ground connection in the grounding wire that goes to the truck release meachanism. To my surprise he grounded it to the body i think and everything worked again, even my trunck light!!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sounds like u might have a different problem tho, if your kkey wont open it either, other then being seized as mine was, then your trunck actuator might be shot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I ended up giving up trying to solve the problem myself and took it into a local place. Ended up being a strap off my rucksack that had gotten jammed into the lock.

They ended up just pulling out the passenger side rear seat bolster and using a long piece of wood to push on the rear seat release handle. Then just climbed into the trunk to release the 2nd seat, and manually opened the trunk from there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts