Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
New 6er
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

So I can't get my EE out. I need to take it out and take it apart to remove all the water inside and reseal it. I removed all the screws and all the 2-part plastic screws. I think it's getting caught on the large pin with blue o-ring behind the light. Anyone else have this problem and tell me how they overcame it?

These EE are really starting to piss me off.

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
Its not the EE. Sometimes that pin thing gets stuck...id suggest putting some lube on it once u do get it out.

Once all the pins and screws are out...

Yank the outside part of the headlight to pull it out of that pin / hole thing. My stock headlight was the hardest to get out as it had been in there since being assembled. ( to my knowledge) Either way i just kept pulling, harder, harder, harder...i was afraid to break it but since you have already done it before you must know what the part looks like....just pull it out....its stuck for w.e reason.

Maybe wedge something in between and pry it slowly...something soft that wont damage either the headlight or the 1/4 panel

·
New 6er
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn. Well I am glad to hear you had the same problem. Hopefully I can get some time in between work and dusk this week.

Have you or anyone on here ever disassemble their EE? I really want to get this water out and fix the seals.

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
I havnt....and im not sure anyone else has...personally i would just put silicone around the seals if i had that issue...and ensure the caps were tight...and iif you have hids on i would maybe ad silicone to the rubber caps in case you made a messy job or a wrong sized hole for them

·
New 6er
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have HIDs yet. I was gonna put an order for those. I think I will do it ASAP so I can just tackle all this at once.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts