Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everybody!
Just got my new G6 and found out that my CD player does not play burnt CD's. Does anybody else have this problem? I also tried to burn a test CD at 4x speed and all I get on the message center is "CHECK DISC". Great to find this web site,any assistance would be greatly appriciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CD trouble

All my files are in MP3 form.So you are saying that they should work?
All my CD's play in my 2001 Sunfire (wife's car now) and I would expect the G6 player to be better.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thats weird because I have the stock stereo in my G6 V6 right now and I play burnt CD's all the time without a problem

·
Registered
1 Posts
The G6s' six disc changer has compatibility issues with burned cds along with newer ford, chevy and hondas....theres really nothing you can do except by a new changer that is cd-r compatible. I've had mine since November, and this happens to me too, but less often with the higher grade cd-rs like Sony and higher priced Memorex.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Allow me to clarify

When I said MP3 files I ment MP3 files converted for regulsr CD play.
Thanks for all the input,Im taking all this info to my dealer tomorrow.
These forums are great...It's nice to be able to fight the MAN at his own game .
KNOWLEDGE is POWER !!!
------------------------

·
Registered
532 Posts
Mine locks up occasionally...but I have used many different burnt disc in the player without any problem. Sounds like you have a bad indash. :(.. mine gets replaced this week.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Actually the most common problem with burnt CD is the poor quality of the CD itself, not of the head unit.

Try to buy a couple of better quality CD-Rs (make sure they're not RWs too), possibly some made specifically for audio burning.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have had no problem playing CD-R's or CD-RW's. I've had no problem with cheap disks either, a spindle of off brand disks I have works fine. The RW's will have an occaisonal skip, but nothing out of the ordinary. The only thing I can think of is are you finalizing the disks? If you leave them open to have more data written they probably wont work.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I had a CD/mp3 player in my last car, so naturally I wanted to hear the tunes on my new ride. However, the burnt CDs do play, but the mp3s do NOT. This was one reason I got all the bells & whistles for to begin with.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Burned CD's

My wife and I both have 2006 G6's (4 bangers) and we have no problems using burned CD's. Haven't tried out may brands, but I know that Ri-Data (super cheap), Memorex black, and regular Memorex work just fine.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The Oracle said:
I had a CD/mp3 player in my last car, so naturally I wanted to hear the tunes on my new ride. However, the burnt CDs do play, but the mp3s do NOT. This was one reason I got all the bells & whistles for to begin with.
UPDATE:
Well..., now that I too had to have my 6-disc changed out, everything that I have burned prior to acquisition & since (mp3 or otherwise) DOES play. The date on the new system is July '05. :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
All six discs in my player are burned by me and all work prefectly. Make sure you are finalizing the discs other otherwise it will not be able to read them, just wanted to make sure you are. ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have found out on my Ford and Pontiac, and also my older home CD players, you have to record yuor discs below the bit rate that the player will handle, I haven't had any trouble with 128kpbs.

·
Registered
586 Posts
The only problems that i have had, is using cheap cd's, use the more expensive ones that are made for music, and it should work. also, i never had a problem with the bitrate, it should not make a difference, because that is the just the quality of sound, not how the cd is read.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts