Pontiac G6 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've had a very similar problem.. and i can relate a little to each of your stories- However my cd player only brings up the changer error when it is extremely hot or extremely cold- lots of times after my car has been running for awhile it will start working- it will just pop it over to the radio and i'll change the source every now and then to check to see if it's ready to work. I did take it in to the dealer the first time it happened and they also acted like it had never happened to anyone before and acted like i was making it up- they said i would have to pay if i wanted the radio replaced.. it's just something i can learn to deal with but since everyone else is having the problem... maybe it's some kinda of defect- i dunno. I do know that i've never had a problem playing any cd burnt or not.

·
GTP 06
588 Posts
I have the monsoon 6 disk in dash. It won't play some burnt cd's but will the others. Don't know why. I'm going to see if it has to do with the brand of cd.

·
Registered
81 Posts
i probably own more burnt cd's than regular and i have yet to have a problem...don't expect to...i noticed that the player recognizes certain skips that my saturn did not...there are actually some songs that it just doesn't play at all...these same songs would come through in the saturn...don't know...it's a decent stereo but could use more watts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had the same problem but i found a cure!! I use Itunes to burn a CD though because of my ipod touch but after i get all my songs i hit the burn cd button and a thing pops up that has checks next to "audio check" and "cd text" and i unclick them and change the pause inbetween songs to 1 second instead of 2 and now all the burned cds work in my car!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2007 G6, I use .mp3 files on a burned CD with Verbatim CDs. Just keep popping in the CD till it works. Sometimes it will work the first try, sometimes it will take over 6 attempts.

·
Registered
606 Posts
mp3

I have a 6 CD player in my 09 G6, nothing in the owners manual about playing mp3 CD's. You guys are saying it will play them?

·
WHITE G6 GT (:
159 Posts
I don't think they are programmed to play MP3 CD's. GM was to lazy to put a damn AUX for iPod's in which is just straight RETARDED! But anyways, I'm sure they can play MP3 files but it won't work everytime? Also, don't buy the cheap CD's. Spend a few more dollars and get a good brand. Lastly, when burning to be safe just do it on the slowest burn. You'll have a better chance at quality and it working. Another reason it may not work is because your computer.

Dillon :cool:

·
Professional geek
433 Posts
The stock stereos will not play .mp3 files burned to a CD. They will play .mp3 files that have been converted to standard audio CD format (for example if you use iTunes to burn the CD).

It's not a matter of eject/insert for .mp3 files on a CD. The CD player has to have a specific hardware and software feature on it that none of our stock stereos (including Monsoon) have. If you are having problems with burned CDs not playing, the next time you burn one, if the program you are using allows you to select the "write speed" or "burn speed" for the CD, instead of using maximum speed, try something more towards the middle. The CD will take longer to burn, but it will be easier for more players to read.

~ MattInSoCal
Professional Geek

·
MonsterG6
386 Posts
I use dynex when i had my origional deck and i used mp3s from itunes converted to a cd format and those worked... sometimes though the type of blank cd you have causes an issue

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine plays MP3 only, and even then it can be picky, the system will even lock up on me at times with burnt CD's...

·
Registered
47 Posts
My deck in my 2010 plays burnt CD's from WMP which I believes converts the files to WMA before burning? Maybe not, but they're MP3's when I burn them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
actually i have done this before and some cars play this and some dont but make sure when your burning the cd and if your using windows media player that you are burning in audio not data. I did this so many times then realized it was burning data cds not audio

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Burned cds/dvds have less than half the laser reflectivity of a pressed cd/dvd. If a cd/dvd player was not specifically designed to compensate for that, it will have playback issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
got my 06 g6 to play burnt cd's

All my files are in MP3 form.So you are saying that they should work?
All my CD's play in my 2001 Sunfire (wife's car now) and I would expect the G6 player to be better.
I had the same problem. just now solved it, when you are in the process of burning the CD it MUST be in .cda format. mp3's will not work.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Huh weird. I've never had an issue with burning and playing audio CDs. There's audio and jukebox CDs aka mp3. Maybe the programs we use is different and the wording is changed around a bit.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts