Pontiac G6 Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I know it's been a while since anyone has posted in here, but since the thread is stickyed, I'd figure I'd let y'all know whats going on (at least for my 08). Heres the problem, most audio files we listen to are actually compressed, and our computers activley decompress the file as the music plays. Therefore, the issue is that our head units don't know how to decompress these files. The trick is, burn your CD's in a manner that will decompress the audio file before burning it to a disk (I use Roxio and burn them as "Juke Box CD's"). So, I'd say give this a go, it's worked for me every time so far.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had the same problem. I use nero to burn all my music cd's for that vehicle.
Create an audio cd in the format to play on most cd players. Nero will guide you thru the whole process effortlessly.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It seems like people are mixing up what they are actually burning. I realize the software converts whatever file you use to a cd-audio format that in the end means we can only fit ~20 songs to a disc. Has anyone found a way to burn something closer to mp3 format and get it to play so that I can have ~100 songs to a disc? :) Does Juke Box CD format do that?

·
Registered
606 Posts
My 09 won't play mp3 cd's. It does have aux jack, where you can plug in a IPod or mp3 player or even a lap top.

·
Perfessor
177 Posts
Not all CD players will run an MP3. Unless it specifically states it in the users manual that it can play .mp3 format, you will need to convert your music to a .wma format (which is read by most players out there). And since .wma does not compress the music data the way .mp3 does, you can only get a few songs on it (700mb worth or about 80 minutes).

Now if your player is supposed to play .mp3, and the discs you're burning are not working, ask a friend to burn a couple of discs for you and test them. If yours do not work and his/hers does, then the problem may be in either your software (burner program) or your hardware (CD burner). If neither work, then the problem lies in your car player.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm with melvin on this one. i have the changer full but each disc only holds about 20 tracks... not like a real mp3 cd player. heck the cheap aftermarket deck i put in my jeep would play the mp3s. Sure was nice having a hundred tracks on a disc. I figured the gxp would be able to play them and hold all i would ever need... nope. So i just do like melvin and plug in my phone... that way it plays music and GPS automatically interrupts and plays through car speakers too.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts