Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Canuck Springs VS Eibach Pro-kit Springs. Edited 8/25/11

So as some of you know I swapped out my Eibach Pro-Kit for Canuck Motorsports springs. The ride is a little stiffer and they do sit lower which is what I was trying to achieve.

Canuck Springs.

Canuck Front vs Eibach Front.

Canuck Rear vs Eibach Rear.

Front and Rears installed

GXP on Eibach Pro-Kit

GXP on Canuck Motorsports Springs.

·
Registered
34 Posts
With lowering it can u still get all the angles of the alignment correct I work on cars for a living and see all te time that after lowering a car even a little all angles are off and on our cars the camber is only good to set to a point and I got mine to the exact spot I want it and I want to lower it a little about how it's is now but Wanamaker make sure I can set all angles

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I need to go get it aligned, I figure after a couple weeks of driving I will. Although with 43XXX on it I am debating buying new struts.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yea we do a lot of driving and we have 150000 miles on ours I'm gonna do struts and shocks with spring but I wanna make sure the alignment is perfect atill I know I can get camber bolts for front but the rear is adjustable but o ly so far so I'm afraid if I lower even a lit it won't be in spec and I spent way too much on tires to mess them up so let me know how the alignment goes and they say that struts and springs should be replaced around55k miles and since I do a lot of them I do notice a big differenc on cars when u change them even at that mileage but anytime u lower u should at least change the struts how much did they cost and how Michael did it lower the car

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The springs were rated at a 1.5" drop but I would say more along the lines of 1.75". I am going to put KYB struts and shocks on it in the future and I put new strut mounts on today. I know that the alignment won't be perfect especially the camber in the rear but as long as I can get caster and toe close i'll be happy. I'll just have to be more frequent on tire rotations thats all.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Eibachs are 1.5" front, 1.7" rear. H&R are 1.5" front and rear. Canuck are 1.5" front, 1.9" rear. A four wheel alignment is required after installing lowering springs especially within the first 500 miles. If not, the tire tread will prematurely wear unevenly and causes problems down the road with tire lifetime and rotation.

Putting on new shocks and struts after installing lowering springs is pretty useless as they won't last a year.

·
beeeeeeefy
883 Posts
Eibachs are 1.5" front, 1.7" rear. H&R are 1.5" front and rear. Canuck are 1.5" front, 1.9" rear. A four wheel alignment is required after installing lowering springs especially within the first 500 miles. If not, the tire tread will prematurely wear unevenly and causes problems down the road with tire lifetime and rotation.

Putting on new shocks and struts after installing lowering springs is pretty useless as they won't last a year.
which part doesnt last a year? not real spring/strut/shock savy so im looking for information!

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
which part doesnt last a year? not real spring/strut/shock savy so im looking for information!
Struts and shocks won't last a year. The springs should last a lifetime. The lowered stance puts a huge strain on the shocks and struts and basically kills them if they are new.

·
Registered
34 Posts
If U get lowering shocks and struts they will last but not if they are stock with lowered springs and I think I'll keep the stock stance and get stock she looks good the way it is anyways

·
Registered
77 Posts
you wouldnt happen to still have those canuck springs laying around

1 - 18 of 18 Posts