Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 G6 and my alarm will randomly go off in the middle of the night and day. It also says the door is ajar sometimes when I know the door is not ajar. What could be causing this problem? Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Would disconnecting the battery at night just to shut it up cause any problems at all?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just take out the fuse that is used for the horn. I had the same problem on my 2004 Grand AM.
Turns out it was the sensor in the steering wheel for the horn that wasn't "balanced" right.

·
Registered
1 Posts
alarm problem

Hello, first time posting :)
I'm Sandra and here is my problem:

i have a 2005 G6 GT .... recently my car alarm will go off randomly after i've locked it ... my automatic starter won't work and my key fob takes quite a few press's to open the doors.... i seem to notice that when my gas tank is over half full, the problem stops .... I have checked all doors, trunk, hood...greased all latches.....:mad:very odd... any help is apreciated

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've recently had the same problem with my 09 G6. They first told me that my door latches were freezing up but it wasn't the case. It turned out to be the front right side door lock. Apparently my dealership ran into this problem before. I hope theis helps!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's happening again...

Just take out the fuse that is used for the horn. I had the same problem on my 2004 Grand AM.
Turns out it was the sensor in the steering wheel for the horn that wasn't "balanced" right.
Thank you for the advice! Actually right after I was posting all sorts of complaints, it just stopped...but guess what, it started doing it this morning at 9am! It has this wierd timing thing about going off at either 9am or pm, pm usually. So, I am writing becuase I called Pontiac where I live and they said they dont even know if they can cut/remove the alarm sensor or whatever it is! They said they would check my door sensors (b/c it will say door ajar, which I think may be setting it off, but it has not said that in a while like I said) and if it was one of those it would cost $250-$300!! What do you think?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Similair problem!

I've recently had the same problem with my 09 G6. They first told me that my door latches were freezing up but it wasn't the case. It turned out to be the front right side door lock. Apparently my dealership ran into this problem before. I hope theis helps!!
Wow, your problem sounds just like mine! I have not gotten it checked out yet, but the alarm will randomly go off and it has been doing it whenever it reads "door ajar" on my dash. We kept messing with doors until we figured out it was the front passenger door. It wenton for weeks, then just stopped and it never read "door ajar" but it just went off again this mnorning out of the blue! Did you ask your dealer if they could tuen the alarm horn/sensor offor remove it? B/C I called a dealership today and he said he did not know/think he could remove it or cutt it off! what did you end up doing?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine was having the same problems but I never did see the door ajar message. Took it to the dealer they found the hood switch was bad. I would have not guess the hood, I guess a door or trunk since they are always in use.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am currently having this same issue with my 2004 Grand Am. Except it goes off exactly 5:45 every morning. Initially it wouldn't crank until I read a tread about reset security system. Now it just wakes the neighbors up early. nothing all day long but 5:45 am like clock work........

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok so we just bought an 06 g6 gt and now we have this random alarm going off. i pulled the neg cable of the batt as the alarm was going off and let it sit overnight and this morning as soon as the system energized the alarm went off. also it says the door is ajar so could it possibly be the pass. side door sensor.

on edit: must be the drivers door cause as soon as u shut the car off the radio does too leading it to be driver not pass.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok guys i have a big problem here. I got a 2005 G6 GT with the 3.5 its loaded out with everything leather, heated, panoramic roof..just about every option but i recently put RAPTOR hids in, 8000k on dims, 6,000k on fogs n now 8000k on the brights, BUT now my alarm is randomly going off. I dont think it has anything to do with the headlights, but perhaps could. sometime i arm my alarm and it goes off two min later or 2 hours later or even 2 days later! Just when ever it wants to!My car also has the factory remote start as this option does not work right now either. I think the alarm is messing with some stuff. I have tried: disconnecting the battery, switching back to normal headlights, taking out the DRL fuse and relay AND even not arming the system and leaving the car unlocked.. and when i open the door an hour later the ALARM goes off!! IM GOING CRAZY!! and suggestions anyone? i see some of u out there is having similar probs. please let me know asap!! my email address is [email protected] if anyone wants to shoot me an email it goes straight to my droid. Thanks guys! any help is greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
About Car Alarm Issue...

Ok, I have a 2007 G6 V6 4 door and I started having the SAME problem as many of you with my car alarm. Basically I have not found out WHY it is doing it. Everytime I would hit the lock button from inside the car (arming the alarm) like clock work, the alarm would randomly go off for NO reason at 9:30 pm as wel as 9AM ish, and also between 2-4am. This happened whether or not the doors actually locked or not! Neighbors were getting furious to say the least...

So, I also noticed that the car would ding and computer would alert me that the door was ajar and when that would happen and I would arm the alarm, the doors would never lock because it was sensing a door not closed, so when I would go to get in my car next it was unlocked of course and when i would open the door the alarm would go off. Also, I have had the car for my second winter now and the DOOR AJAR alert ONLY comes on when it is 30 degrees or less! ...WEIRD RIGHT!?? ALSO I found out which door is making it sense AJAR, the front passenger side door.

Basically I stopped arming the alarm aka pushing lock and I now lock it manually but pushing down the lock up on each door. Also, it came with a little remote with lock/unlock/panic/trunk buttons and that would just randomly not work, I treid replacing the battery, didn't work. I want to find out how to disarm the alarm.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.