Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
07 gt with the 3.9 brand new battery and alternator but when i’m at idle my battery light comes on. if it idles for long enough the radio starts to turn off and the car almost dies. i’ve brought it to a shop and they said they can’t find anything wrong with it. please someone reach out and help.

·
Super Moderator
966 Posts
If you have a multimeter, you can double check the basics. You should have close to 12v across the battery terminals with the car off and something around 13v when the engine is running (shows the alternator is supplying power). After that I would be checking the power connections and grounds. I would also try and isolate the conditions for the issue. For example, could it be a thermal issue that might take a different time to show if the car is started from cold vs restarting it at normal operating temperature. If you leave it to go cold again, does the problem take longer to show again.

Hope you can find and fix it

·
Registered
2 Posts
yes he is saying right If you have a multimeter, you can double check the basics. You should have close to 12v across the battery terminals with the car off and something around 13v when the engine is running (shows the alternator is supplying power). After that I would be checking the power connections and grounds. I would also try and isolate the conditions for the issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts