Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall I'm new here so I'm not sure if the has been answered before, but I drive a 2008 G6 and whenever I put my foot on the break it makes like a grumbling noise and when I'm at a complete stop it gets a little louder. Now I just got new pads and back calipers put on because they were completely messed up. I don't know if maybe its the break system again or not and my mechanic is out of town for the next week or two, so I thought id try here before I take it somewhere and see what you guys think.

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac G6 GXP, 3.6L V6 sedan
44 Posts
I have the same year G6, you might want to check two things, axle and hub assembly. I had to replace both over the years. I am assuming the noise is in the front. If you replaced the calipers then it can't be that they are freezing up on you. So the way I verified the issue was taking a floor car jack heavy duty to the middle of the car in front, lifted the car so that both wheels are not touching and have someone operate the car slowly in Drive and press the breaks to see where the noise is coming from. Other option is take it to a shop so they can lift the car and verify where the noise is coming from. That is your safest bet if your not comfortable lifting the car with a jack. Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts