Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed from the very first day that after I stop my G6 it lurches forward a bit and then back. I still had my old car which was an Olds Alero, and when I put on the brakes it didn't react that way. Someone suggested to me that it might be a warped rotor. Any ideas on this before I take it back to the dealer?

·
Registered
152 Posts
when i'm sitting with my foot litely on the brake, lite enough the car is still drifting.. it feels like my car is pulsating.. it's really weird.. is that what you're talking about? also my brakes squeek really bad..

·
Registered
67 Posts
thunkele said:
when i'm sitting with my foot litely on the brake, lite enough the car is still drifting.. it feels like my car is pulsating.. it's really weird.. is that what you're talking about? also my brakes squeek really bad..
I know the exact feeling you are talking about. Havent experienced it in the G6 but I have in my former 02 Grand Am. Thats a sign of warped rotors.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Warped rotors is covered ususally. It can be caused by lots of things. GM vehicles are more likely to develop rotor problems vs the majority because they are usually smaller than they should be, and usually made cheaper than aftermarket. It can also be caused by excessive brake, riding the brake, brake overheating, and hard braking. Usually if you get a decent set of aftermarket rotors the problem is a lot less common.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for all of your responses. You are all describing what I am experiencing. I took my car to the dealer's service department and he said there was nothing wrong, but it was just the normal suspension. I don't believe it and I still think the rotor is warped. I am persistent and I will try again.

·
Registered
152 Posts
i went to the dealer with my problem.. and they scheduled me an appointment for next week.. i will tell you what happens.. but when i first took it.. the guy said.. "it sounds like you need some rotor work done".. also they're going to fix my drivers side seat.. it is super loose.. they ordered a whole bunch of parts for it.. on another note.. does anybody elses shocks sound weird when u hit bumps?.. like u can here the air coming out of the cylinders.. i dunno if that is normal or not.. thank you!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have the same prob with my G6. It sounds like air comming out of the shocks or something. does anybody know if it is normal or is anybody have this prob. Its a prob that goes allong with the car moving back and forth when I stop. They are the only two things that I see rong with it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well, if it helps....I don't notice the lurch forward and back when stopping and I don't notice the noise like air coming out of my shocks when I hit bumps. Maybe they are related. I have around 5000 miles on my G6 base.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've got the suspension noise coming from the right front. Sounds like something is loose. Had the same problem with a '98 Malibu. Shouldn't be happening on a vehicle with only 2000 miles on it. I know I live in Michigan and our roads are bad, but....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ralphy is it a rattle noise? When I hit bumps I have something outside the car on the passenger side that makes a rattle noise. Drives me nuts.

My brakes do the same exact thing. Forget trying to brake at highway speeds. Rotors are definately screwed.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I took my g6 back to the dealer and told them about the problem I was having with the moving back-n-forth when stopping, they test drove 3 other G6s and they did the same thing.They first test drove mine and said it was not narmal but they didnt know what it was....I hope this helps

·
Registered
77 Posts
Not sure about the movement back and forth....but I'm thinking the "Air" sound from the suspension is just that....air coming from the shocks when they compress and release. The air releases as the shocks decompress.

Don't know if that helps......

SBM

·
Registered
197 Posts
Go down to Advance Auto and order some rotors for the car...from my experience Pontiac rotors definately suck :mad:

If the rotors are the same as on an older car (the GrandAm? :confused: ) You can get the rotor cheaper more than likely (they charge by new-ness of the vehicle, or so I've been told).

·
Registered
235 Posts
I haven't noticed any break problems yet. I did have a problem with my rotors on my 99 Grand Am. I had it in the dealership every 3 months for new break pads and rotors, dealership never came up with a solution to the problem, just kept telling me to come back in and they would replace them - they were covered under warranty. As for the air from the shocks - mine does the same thing - I just assumed it was normal.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts