Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Car Stalls at a red light. No codes. Could it be my throttle body?

6K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  gruvedaddy 
#1 ·
Hi everyone I have a 2008 G6 Gt with 50500 Miles and lately it's been stalling randomly at red lights.

This morning around 9:00 a.m. I was driving my sister to work and when we came to a red light my power steering stopped and my engine died. I had to put my car in neutral and then turn the key to start it back up. This has happen 3 times within the past 3 weeks. Right now my car has no codes so I can't really pin point what the problem is.

I have did the following things to my car: I replace my MAF sensor with a brand new OEM AcDelco one 6 days ago, car still stalls so it can't be related to that sensor. Car has a new fuel pump which was installed back july show it's still new. Took it to a shop for a vacuum leak check a week ago, mechanics didn't find any.

Now, I realized today that around late August or early September I did replace my throttle body because my old one looked dirty and had stains on the plate. Now I only had this car for 4 months but before September the car never stalled. Also the new Throttle body is an aftermarket. When I drive my car it accelerates fine and doesn't really feel sluggish, it just randomly stalls at red lights. Could it be the throttle body? I still have my old TB and I cleaned it today with tb cleaner and replaced the aftermarket one with it and so far it hasen't stalled. Or could it be something else?

See less See more
#5 ·
I put the old throttle body back on and drove around town for 40 mintutes. Car hasn't stalled yet which is a relief. I also noticed the car idles a little smoother at stops now. I'm probably gonna drive around with the old tb for about a week and see if it stalls the car. I'm starting to think the aftermarket tb is the reason for my car stalling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.