Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 G6 convertible all black. 80,000 miles. How can I find out how much it is worth? It is in close to perfect body condition inside and out. It has no problems running. The top has had some issues but my mechanic has been able to fix them.

· Registered
560 Posts
I have a 2009 G6 convertible all black. 80,000 miles. How can I find out how much it is worth? It is in close to perfect body condition inside and out. It has no problems running. The top has had some issues but my mechanic has been able to fix them.
In reality anything used is only worth what people are willing to pay. The hard part is trying to find someone willing to pay you the highest price possible. This is difficult on anything used because there is usually only one unique car after it leaves the new store. If it has one more mile, one tiny scratch or was driven in winter it has different value. You should try your best to find comparables and then you can work from there. Is the car being sold in a rust belt or where they are relatively rust free. And then some people are dreamers too. i would call them unreasonable. So now you have comparables, you have taken into consideration the pluses and minuses and you won't be far off. If you are asking us to value your car, we don't have enough of the above information in my opinion.
Good luck
Converter

· Registered
82 Posts
In reality anything used is only worth what people are willing to pay. The hard part is trying to find someone willing to pay you the highest price possible. This is difficult on anything used because there is usually only one unique car after it leaves the new store. If it has one more mile, one tiny scratch or was driven in winter it has different value. You should try your best to find comparables and then you can work from there. Is the car being sold in a rust belt or where they are relatively rust free. And then some people are dreamers too. i would call them unreasonable. So now you have comparables, you have taken into consideration the pluses and minuses and you won't be far off. If you are asking us to value your car, we don't have enough of the above information in my opinion.
Good luck
Converter
I agree with the above reply. I see cars with 140k and a ridiculous price. Or even worse is a low mileage car for big bucks with a rebuilt title.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’m not trying to get more than it is worth. I just wanted to know if there was anything besides blue book to use to figure out a good selling price. And as of right now, I’m not ready to sell. I LOVE my car!!

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m not trying to get more money than my car is worth. I don’t know any other way other than blue book value to determine its value. I’m absolutely not ready to sell this baby yet. I love my car!

· Registered
82 Posts
I’m not trying to get more than it is worth. I just wanted to know if there was anything besides blue book to use to figure out a good selling price. And as of right now, I’m not ready to sell. I LOVE my car!!
Look at ended auctions on Ebay to see what they sold for. Most places that list cars for sale never list what the car actually sold for. You can look online in a 3 or 4 state area around yours to see what the asking prices are. You will see prices well over what the car is worth vs what the actual value is. I see them in my area for $6k to $15k. Every once in awhile one will pop up for $3 - 5k and it usually sells quickly.

· Registered
560 Posts
Look at ended auctions on Ebay to see what they sold for. Most places that list cars for sale never list what the car actually sold for. You can look online in a 3 or 4 state area around yours to see what the asking prices are. You will see prices well over what the car is worth vs what the actual value is. I see them in my area for $6k to $15k. Every once in awhile one will pop up for $3 - 5k and it usually sells quickly.
One element that i failed to mention is inflation. In the world today, used cars are selling ridiculously high in my opinion. However, I don't set the prices. This past summer i turned down a significant offer for one of my cars. A friend of mine has the same car and said that he wouldn't take the money either. Like so many on this forum, it is about the car not the money.
Love your car,
Convertme

· Registered
Looking for convertible
5 Posts
All accurate replies, but short answer is Edmunds TMV (true market value) its based on actual sales prices, not advertised or asking prices. more accurate in my opinion than NADA Or Kelly blue book.

· Registered
82 Posts
One element that i failed to mention is inflation. In the world today, used cars are selling ridiculously high in my opinion. However, I don't set the prices. This past summer i turned down a significant offer for one of my cars. A friend of mine has the same car and said that he wouldn't take the money either. Like so many on this forum, it is about the car not the money.
Love your car,
Convertme
It is not inflation raising the prices but the lack of new vehicles due to a chip shortage from China due to Covid. I have a 2016 Ram 2500 that I bought new as a leftover for $32k in 2017. I have had 2 dealers offer me that price for it this year because there is a big shortage of new trucks due to the lack of computer chips. Basically I can sell my truck with 54k on it for what I paid for it almost 6 years ago.

· Registered
560 Posts
It is not inflation raising the prices but the lack of new vehicles due to a chip shortage from China due to Covid. I have a 2016 Ram 2500 that I bought new as a leftover for $32k in 2017. I have had 2 dealers offer me that price for it this year because there is a big shortage of new trucks due to the lack of computer chips. Basically I can sell my truck with 54k on it for what I paid for it almost 6 years ago.
I won't argue with you because i am not qualified to do so. However, I think you would agree that used car and truck are higher than anyone might have anticipated.
So getting back to the original question about used car values, it is not quick and easy in my honest opinion. Thank you,
Convertme

· Registered
82 Posts
I won't argue with you because i am not qualified to do so. However, I think you would agree that used car and truck are higher than anyone might have anticipated.
So getting back to the original question about used car values, it is not quick and easy in my honest opinion. Thank you,
Convertme
You are right about the prices being higher. It is due to supply and demand and the lack of new vehicles. Once the supply of new vehicles is re-established the used car market prices will go down.

· Registered
17 Posts
Get a CarFax report with valuation. I got $8000 for my 2007 (which had extensive upgrades, and also black with 85k). CarFax gave a valuation of $8040. Top issues are a real off putting thing. Any other issues? Does it have the 2500rpm whistle, does it have any transmission noises? Monsoon stereo (6 CD player)?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts