Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I came to a stop light the other night. When I came to a stop I thought I had felt my car stop a little "hard". Didnt think anything of it. Light turns green and I give it gas and the car just revs up. I then tried a mix of different gears and turning the car off and on. Eventually I got the car to go in reverse.

There hasnt been any signs in the past of tranny problems. Except one. A few months back I was putting the car in park and it shifted through the gears kind of rough. Only happened for one day and it went away.

Tranny fluid level is good. Fluid isnt dirty. Car will only reverse. Someone was able to get my car home by throwing it into manual mode in 2nd gear. Gave it gas to get it rolling and then slapped it back into drive and floored it until it went.

I believe I had the car in for the shift linkage recall back in the day. The cars at 130,000 and I havent changed out the tranny fluid. I'm really confused and at a loss right now.

·
Registered
74 Posts
No need to multi post...it'll only confuse those that would try and respond!
You posted on a thread that showed the probable cause and fix(with pictures) previously, did you read the thread or just add on post to it? Time to take the trans. pan down and check out your cars situation.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No need to multi post...it'll only confuse those that would try and respond!
You posted on a thread that showed the probable cause and fix(with pictures) previously, did you read the thread or just add on post to it? Time to take the trans. pan down and check out your cars situation.
Yes you're right. I was aware of the prvious topics on this but was hoping that creating a new one might bring a new possible problem to the light. I'm just dreading taking that pan down and having the line be worse than it sounds. Also I have no welding experience and don't have the tools to get my car up in the air and remove the pan.

There is a DIY garage about 25 miles away from me and I would have to get the car towed there.

Edit:

Just got off the phone with the dealership and they told me that my specific car does not fall under recall # 14152 and that they would need to perform a diagnosis for $106. I want to try the supply line route first but am nervous to perform it alone as this is my only form of transportation.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Got the car in a transmission shop. Going to have them changebthe fluid and filter and hope for the best.
IHOPE you mentioned to them about the pickup tube cracking problem these trannies have and to have them take a look at that area while they have the trans oil pan off for the fluid/filter change. A lot of places now only do as specified and nothing more...you want a fluid/filter change...that ALL you'll get!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts