Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 g6. Last week it wouldn't start. The dash lights and radio still worked but it said "error" on the odometer. I replaced the battery which did nothing. I was told that I needed a new starter so I had it replaced. It still won't start or even turn over but now all of the lights on the dash start flashing like crazy when the key is in the on position and the odometer still says "error". Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
31 Posts
hmmm

Not the biggest on mechanical, but I would assume it is possible. The best way to know exactly what it is, is to have it put on a machine and the codes read. GM near me offers it for 70, and if your in the boat I am in maybe you can do something like I am going to do.
My local O'reily auto parts has a machine they loan for $200 deposit. Worth a shot?

But If the ignition switch was bad it could cause this, same thing happened to my cousins pontiac gran am. Replaced it and bam, he was back on the road in no time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok replaced the ignition switch and still nothing....I guess the battery connection was loose so now that its tightened the dash lights aren't flashing. But it still says error on the odometer and it also says power steering on my radio. Ugh I'm so frustrated!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Ok replaced the ignition switch and still nothing....I guess the battery connection was loose so now that its tightened the dash lights aren't flashing. But it still says error on the odometer and it also says power steering on my radio. Ugh I'm so frustrated!
Which engine in that car?

Could be a bad ground somewhere or a problem in the engine fuse block. Or maybe a bad PCM. There are lots of possibilities but at the heart of it is a power issue to the PCM.

Was anything done to the car just prior to the onset of the no crank condition?

This problem can be difficult even for a pro with the right equipment & knowledge to track down.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Honestly, look into the fuses. I removed a fuse (on accident once) and received very similar messages. That may or may not be a quick fix for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts