Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the Buick regal I had there was a cargo net across the rear of the trunk and I wanted to know if any of the G6 models came with this or is it something that could be added with out too much trouble.

· Registered
5 Posts
On the Buick regal I had there was a cargo net across the rear of the trunk and I wanted to know if any of the G6 models came with this or is it something that could be added with out too much trouble.
That's one of the disappointments on this car for me. Even my cheapie Cavalier has a net that runs across the back of the trunk. I like the little side pockets on the G6, though.

On our G6, took some bungee cords and ran them across the back of the trunk to simulate the nets. I hook them together in the middle. That way I can run the bungee through the handle of the milk jugs or the grocery bags. But it's still not as nice as a net.

I was thinking I need to run down to the LKQ boneyard and see if they have any Azteks with the net package. We had one with the cargo net package and it was quite elaborate. The Aztek was as wide as the G6 so if you can find the net that went across the back of the Aztek that would fit just fine in a G6. You could also see if you could find one from the Regal, that should work too.

My other thought was to look for the net out of the back of a Cavalier, also. It might be stretched tighter than one out of a larger car, but it would function just the same.

Edit: I just thought of this, if you can find the rearmost net from a Malibu Maxx, that would work pretty well, too.

Let me know if it works out

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.