Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently got a 2006 GT coupe. The previous owner stated that after a battery change, the CD changer did not recognize the 6 CD's that were in the stereo, as well as refusing to eject or accept any new CD's. You can still hear the mechanism working as if it is trying to change CD's though. Also, the reception for the radio is horrible at best, and I get about 2 stations clearly. I don't know if there is a correlation or not.

A couple days ago I took my car to a former Pontiac Dealer and they wouldn't even check it, saying that if the radio works and the CD player does not then it is a mechanical problem. They encouraged me to take out the stereo myself, which I know how to do, but before I do it, I'd like to know if there are any other opinions before I go about this. I tried looking up remedies on these forums as well as others, such as removing the radio fuse, pushing button combinations, etc., but to no avail.

If anyone can confirm that this is indeed a mechanical issue or a jam then I will go about removing it. Any other opinions? Fire away, thank you.

EDIT: If the stereo still did not work, then the dealership would look at it. They were actually trying to save me money and they were being cool about it. They also offered to program a new one should this not work, whether I order one from GM or just go to the junkyard.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I removed the stereo from the car and the instructions the dealership gave me were very vague. Is there a way to open it up and get to the CD changer mechanism so I can free the CD's? Thank you for all who help in advance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey try to clean leanse of cd insertion tray.I hope it will work for you and you get to solve your problem
Thank you, I will try that. If this does not work I will probably give up the Driver Info for an aftermarket stereo. I bought stereo out of an '09, installed it myself, had it programmed, only to find out it didn't work properly in the first place. Money down the drain :mad:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts