Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else out there with the in dash CD changer having any trouble with it? Every so often mine jams up, I can't eject, play, add, or change disks to it until it cools down for a while. I took it to the dealer and he offered to look at it sometime during the week, but I work 45 minutes away and can't get off work for something like this at the moment.

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this problem with the factory cd changer in the G6.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hmm..no issues with mine..I keep it playing constantly.. just like everything else..hit or miss item. I would keep CDs out of it until you get it replaced. :(

·
Registered
23 Posts
Today as I had just gotten back into the car, started it up, (after being parked for maybe 20 minutes? already warmed up..) the CD player said "CD player error" and went to the radio, but when I hit source it played the CD's fine, maybe it was just tired and grumpy.. :confused: But that's the most of the CD player issues I've seen..

·
Registered
532 Posts
Just had the issue today you are talking about..I cranked on the A/C and after cooling down it worked again.. Something smelled like it was melting from the heater. (appears to be related to what vent setting you use..) Laura normally uses the vents that blow in your face and I use floor/defrost.. today I was using the same vents laura normally does and the problem popped right up. Dealer time again.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Thats what we get for buying brand new :) bound to be little bugs that need worked out. The more we relate to our dealers and GM the better off the future owners will be. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well, I experienced this for the first time today. I must say I wasn't too pleased. Oh Well, it worked about 2 minutes later.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Dealers now have something available to them to address at least the loading and ejecting issue. Document for them to look up is #04111.

They reflash software in the radio.

·
Registered
279 Posts
;)

Only additional thing I have to say is a couple dealers have problems with reflash of radio software and subsequently require replacement of radio. This is likely an issue with the service tool. :(

·
Registered
532 Posts
Not sure..but the dealership is replacing mine no questions ask.. apparently they have something out there.. I doubt my dealership is that nice. LOL

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yup! Just had that issue this morning Got in and the player froze right up couldnt do anything. Im in Buffalo and it got real cold over night(wonder if that had anything to do with it?), its started to work after the temp went up. Called the dealer this morning. taking it in first thing monday. will let you know what happens.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Radio

Had the same problem - Changer became unfunctional. Took it to the dealer and they replaced the whole unit! Haven't had a problem since!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think I jinxed myself! This morning it got all jammed up again...now it's just cycling trying to load disc 1 - all I did was eject disc 6 and it got all screwed up!

Anyways took it in to the dealer on my way to the office and they are replacing it AGAIN! on Monday.

·
Registered
279 Posts
SBMG6GT said:
This morning it got all jammed up again...now it's just cycling trying to load disc 1 - all I did was eject disc 6 and it got all screwed up!
Are you using store bought CDs or burned?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Store bought at this time. Today I messed with it a little....it ejected 2 CD's at once???? I was kinda puzzled...

Since then though nothing has worked...it wont play the remaining 3 CD's. I finally got it to stop cycling...it kept trying to do something. Once it spit out the 2 CD's it stopped....

Ahn...we'll let the dealer replace it again....Actually my dealer told me this morning they are having problems with them. They aren't sure what can be done right now.

SBM.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have that problem when it is too hot OR too cold. i took it the dealer, they said they ccouldn't find anything wrong.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Well, I did testing on these radios at my old job, and they definately jam up when operating in temps over 40C and below 0C...just beware, they also tend to scratch the discs at these temps when they are trying to change the discs...

1 - 20 of 52 Posts