Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just replace my battery on my car and now i am recieving a CD error and it acts as if it is trying to change cds any sugestion on what to do to fix it

·
GTP 06
588 Posts
I think there was a post on this before. I think there's a like hold eject button and power on at the same time or eject with power off or something.

·
2005 G6 GT
11 Posts
I had the same problem when my battery died and I jumped it. I got cd changer error and it kept cycling on its own. Also, it wouldn't play, load, or eject any of my cd's which didn't have labels or any problem playing before this happened.
AM/FM tuner still worked though.

There are a few threads floating around handling this issue. The general consensus is to remove the radio fuse for a few seconds and put it back, if that doesn't work contact your dealer or just get an aftermarket cd receiver. The fuse box is located on the passenger side of the center console side panel and there's a diagram in your owner's manual. :)

The fuse thing didn't work for me and it was no longer under warranty so I just opted to get an aftermarket stereo. The dash kit and wiring harness ran me about $250. A bit more pricey than average because of the monsoon sound system. However, it was a welcome end to an annoying and really unnecessary problem.

Good luck and I hope this helped!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts