Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everytime I put a cd in (burned or store bought) my cd player does not register it like it should. Usually when a cd will play I will hear a second clicking sound as if it was being placed into some kind of different level. When it doesn't work it will take in the cd not make the sound I described and it will eject. No message or anything sometimes a "Check Disc" but very rarely. Lately its been having trouble ejecting the cd out all the way on its first try. I don't know what the problem is I even replaced it once before about a year and a half ago. Does anyone know how to or if it can even be fixed? I'm sorry if this has already been answered I couldn't find it by searching.

·
Gpof59
46 Posts
I would try using a CD lens cleaner (Maxell makes one for auto cd player's) and a can of cleaning duster. Spray the inside well and insert the cleaning disc. It sounds as though the lens could be crudded up.

·
Courtney :]
179 Posts
Its fixing to go out, prepare yourself to buy another one, mine did that for a few months and then one day it just stopped!!! :/ sorry lol

Sent from my MB520

1 - 4 of 4 Posts