Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a problem with my Cd player... its the monsoon 6 cd type which is the stock one on most G6's. when i hit "load" on the cd player and try putting the cd in. the cd goes in then comes right back out and goes back in and out. i have no idea whats wrong with it... if anyone has some suggestions that would be awsome. also im wondering if i cant fix it would it be better to go aftermarket or repair the cd player... thanks for all help

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I am having a problem with my Cd player... its the monsoon 6 cd type which is the stock one on most G6's. when i hit "load" on the cd player and try putting the cd in. the cd goes in then comes right back out and goes back in and out. i have no idea whats wrong with it... if anyone has some suggestions that would be awsome. also im wondering if i cant fix it would it be better to go aftermarket or repair the cd player... thanks for all help
Multi-disc changers are notoriously problematic after a few years & repairing electronics has pretty much gone the way of the dodo bird. I don't know if you can even buy new OEM units anymore. And a used one doesn't make much sense.

You may not want to hear this, but I switched to the IPOD shortly after they came out & have never looked back. Haven't used a CD in what seems like 10 years. I have had a 160GB Ipod Classic for five years & it has performed flawlessly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I solved the problem.... Just exactly how greenman said. My cousin told me, just go to best buy and go buy an ipod with a cigerette lighter charger. i did that. ended up costing me about 50 bucks cuz my cigerette ligher fuze was burnt. if you guys are having the same problem i would recamend that as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts