Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used 2006 G6. I love the car except for a few issues. The day after I bought it, the battery went dead and had to take it back for them to put a new battery in it. That is when I found out everything runs through the radio. Now, went to listen to a CD and after about 10 minutes it says check disk then no disk. Then you know how you have 3 setting for the radio iteself, FM1, FM2 and AM? It stays on one and wont change to any of the others. Seems to reset itself after the car is off for awhile. Any ideas as to what is causing this? I have tried a few CD's and it does it with all of them so it isn't the disc's themselves.:confused:

·
Registered
7 Posts
We have a 05 with the same problem. Dealer replaced the whole unit and 15 months later, it happened again and they will not warranty the radio. The dealer said it was the CDs. NOT true. Infact the dealer only removes the unit and then ships it out, so how can they tell me what is wrong with it? Our CDs had no lables even though the dealer said that was probably the problem. I've taken this to a higher level with NO HELP!! We will not spend good money on a bad product. We plan on replacing the radio with an aftermarket radio. One that will last a whole lot longer than 15 months. Hope you have better luck......

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,351 Posts
Get an 08 or 09 single CD so you dont have the changer mechanism.
You will keep your DIC, illiminate the changer issues and also get an AUX for
your iPod. You will have to pay the Stealership to program it via their Tech2
to your car's vin though. That can set you back $0-80 bucks....they all charge
differently so shop around for that.

·
GTP 06
588 Posts
ive been loading one cd at a time in my 6 disk. less ware on it and doesn't automatically switch to the next cd when you eject.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts