Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've been a lurker for a while. Thank you all for the ton of info on here.

I have an 09, 3.5L. Really like this car a lot. The more I drive it, the more I like it. On to the issue at hand.

The engine temp gauge starting to not work intermittently while the A/C stopped working at the same time. Searched on here and found that all signs seem to point to replacing the thermostat. Thanks for that. Was going to do that this weekend. Today the CEL came on as both symptoms came back and stayed back this time. I figure the thermostat finally failed completely. I don't have the manual as this was a used purchase and it wasn't included. I searched and couldn't find the simple answer to how do I get the CEL code? If it's like my Chevy it's something like key on-off 5 times then gas pedal to the floor 3 times or something like that...Can't figure it out. I just want to make sure the CEL isn't telling me something else other than what I think I already know.

Thanks guys in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So...you're saying there isn't a way for me to check the code by doing something similar to what I stated?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
So...you're saying there isn't a way for me to check the code by doing something similar to what I stated?
There is not. You can buy a basic code reader for about 20 bucks at amazon or have autozone read them for you free. Report back with the exact code/s you find.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Autel-MaxiScan-MS300-OBD-II-Scan/dp/B001LHVOVK/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1320376511&sr=1-1[/ame]

A thermostat how-to is in the Chiltons G6 book should you need help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. That's why I couldn't find it anyplace on the interwebs... THANKS!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts