Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I'm trying to help out a friend and figure out the part number to replace a "center air outlet" A/C vent.

One of the blades must have popped out and she lost it. She'd like to either replace the blade or the entire air outlet.

Does anyone know the part # or #s to order it from GM Parts Direct or some other source?

I attached a picture of the vent with one of the two blades missing.

Thanks for your help.

edit - pic not showing up

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
FYI for everyone.

This part # has been replaced by another #. Hopefully it will fit. I'll update the thread when I get the part from GMPartsDirect.com.

OUTLET
Replaced by: 25774937
$36 + shipping
-----

Scratch that, $15.95 shipping from GMPartsDirect for a tiny part.

Only $9 shipping at GMPartsGiant.com but the part is $42. It's still a few bucks less.

·
Professional geek
433 Posts
Hey, thanks WaterFowler. :)

Can anyone give me a tip for removing the old part?

Does it pop out somehow, or does the center stack trim need to be removed?
It's easiest to remove it you pop out the center stack trim piece. If you look inside the vent, you can see three locking tabs that hold the vent in place. With the trim out, it's a piece of cake to remove, but of course there is all the work to get to that position...

Without removing the center trim, rotate the vent clockwise or counter-clockwise until it feels a little bit loose and you can start to pull it out a bit. Next, you need to use a tool such as a spring puller or some other hook-end type tool to pull each of the locking tabs in - they have to come in about 1/2 inch in order to allow the vent to come out. Since you're replacing the part, go ahead and remove the remaining vane and it will be really easy to pop out the rest.

~ MattInSoCal

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, that's helps a lot.

I got a verification from the parts dept. The part # changed. But it's cheaper, so that's good.

"Part number 25774937 is the correct instrument panel center air outlet for the vehicle in question. This part gas been superseded to part number 20827712."

Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.