Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone that knows where I can get center caps for the stock steel wheels that are exposed after you take the hub caps off. I'm trying to give my car a different look so I decided to make the steel wheels look like actual rims. I have new lug nuts already I just need center caps for them that will fit.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I've been running my Steel wheels without the hub caps. I haven't been able to find anything to act as center caps. or to hide the axle nut. I just painted the hubs and everything that was visible black so it blended in with the wheel

·
Registered
411 Posts
Here's an idea that might work. I took a newer Equinox center cap witch is slightly larger than a standard center cap and wrapped it with a bead of butyl tape and pressed it into the whole. Stuck so good it didn't want to let go of it.

I might even do this for my winter wheels.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Not a bad result... But how would that work on the front wheels. With the axle nut sitting there and all. You would need to attach the cap to a cup of some sorts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Not a bad result... But how would that work on the front wheels. With the axle nut sitting there and all. You would need to attach the cap to a cup of some sorts
Oh sure, find the one snag in my ingenuity lol. I guess I should have tested it on a front rim and not the back. Looking at the front and how the axle shaft sticks out through the rim I guess it wouldn't work after all. Oh well I have it the ol' college try anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts