Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a G6 and noticed that when the top is down the center deck lid cover isnt tucking under the trunk. Anyone see this issue and may be able to help? Also not sure if its safe to drive like this without risk of breaking something if the wind gets in underneath.
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design

Any help is most appreciated.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I have seen this when one of the bat wings has a break on the hinge or something is obstructing it. If you leave the top down with the trunk in the reverse open position you should be able to get a better look.

If you are careful, you can half raise the roof to the point where the cover flips up, but remember the top will only hold position for a couple minutes with the engine running, so make sure you do not get any body parts you are fond of in the way of the top

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have seen this when one of the bat wings has a break on the hinge or something is obstructing it. If you leave the top down with the trunk in the reverse open position you should be able to get a better look.

If you are careful, you can half raise the roof to the point where the cover flips up, but remember the top will only hold position for a couple minutes with the engine running, so make sure you do not get any body parts you are fond of in the way of the top
Thanks Boomer! Ill give that a try and will post back results so can help someone else.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts