Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soo I changed my headlamps to an after market bulb, and now it seems as though I have no daytime running lights so I figured it was the aftermarket bulbs to the OEM ones went back in for now and still nothing!!! Anyone else have this problems or anyway to solve it?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I noticed it while I was driving today most of the time I can see them in the car infront of me's reflection but today I noticed that they still werent on?!?! I also know the foglights werent on because then the drl's turn off and the fog lights stay on also the e-brake wasnt on for anyone who reads this and wonders...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats kinda what I was thinking, but I also thought (havent check yet) that something else besides the DRL would be on the same fuse and I dont notice anything else not working?!

·
Banned
44 Posts
It's an overloaded relay. The BCM will automatically shut off the feature when it senses possible damage. I'm not sure what type of bulbs you used, however I would go back to stock and replace the relay.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The fuse did not burn out on mine. I did however bring the car back to the dealership for a pemranent shutdown via gm engineering techline. GM told the service center that they wont shut them down with out it being a govt vehicle with a letter with the state or federal seal approving it. Rediculous. I pulled up the wiring schematic on my car and looked it over. Pulled the fuse and viola, no more drl, no bcm light, and no problems. Done and done. FU GM.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wiring schematic would be a good thing to have. I have to take my car into the local Opel (GM eqiv) here to see why the lighting behind the pedal adjust and fog light switch is physicallly warm.

·
Registered
75 Posts
SimplyRed said:
Soo I changed my headlamps to an after market bulb, and now it seems as though I have no daytime running lights so I figured it was the aftermarket bulbs to the OEM ones went back in for now and still nothing!!! Anyone else have this problems or anyway to solve it?

Just out of curiousity whats wrong with the stock bulbs? Mine are brighter than hell!

·
Registered
50 Posts
AutobahnG6 said:
Wiring schematic would be a good thing to have. I have to take my car into the local Opel (GM eqiv) here to see why the lighting behind the pedal adjust and fog light switch is physicallly warm.
That's completely normal, anything backlit with conventional light bulbs will heat up over time. The backlit areas not warm to the touch are lit with LED's which do not produce much/any heat and therefore don't get warm. You'll notice this in every car ever made.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts