Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to having 3 of my stock spoked wheels having excessive runout (potholes). My tire guy suggested buying 15" wheels with a higher ratio aspect tires to keep the outside diameter the same and soften the ride somewhat. Has any one out there changed to smaller wheels? Mostly I see changing to 19s or 20s.
Once winter is over I plan to buy Cragar S/S type wheels and tires.

·
Perfessor
177 Posts
Before I got the 5-spoke wheels I have now, I had wanted to get a set of Cragar's 'Keystone Classic' rims. Then I found that they only come in 15" when I wanted to go up from an 18".

I was a bit disappointed cause I was going to paint the inside a gloss black to match my car.

I currently have 20" on there with 245/45/20's.

·
Registered
638 Posts
15" wheels wont clear the brakes...... the bigger the wheel the better, not only do 17's and 18s looks better the more open they are away from the brakes the less brake issues youll have because theres more air to cool them down. how about we just try and avoid potholes?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Avoiding potholes in my area can't be done. Even some bridges in the area are heaving the asphalt up into large bumps. I've never seen the roads in such poor condition in my area. The last bad year I can remember was back during the ice storm here over ten years ago. I wouldn't go larger than 18" wheels if potholes are a serious issue.

My OEM GT wheels are beyond corroded so I'm hunting down a 16" replacement wheel and tire combo locally. As I don't drive the car more than 9-10K miles a year, long tire life/wear isn't a priority.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts