Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to change my dome lights to white or blue. Is this possible? white size bulb?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes its possible...

I actually changed out my interior map and dome lights today.

The dome light in particular is 561 bulb size. The map lights are 168. Go to superbrightleds.com to order from. They have a bunch of options for brightness and colors. And the shipped mine very quickly.

For future bulb reference go to sylvania's website and go thru their bulb guide. Just type in "sylvania bulb guide" in google...it's the first one.

·
Registered
916 Posts
When looking for the led is you want to go really bright in any color Looks For Surface mount LEds.

There most common ones are 1206 and 5050 leds on them and are really bright.

Most of the boards come with adapters for are care we have a very easy to replace 168/194 (MAP)

561-feston style bulb. Dome

Ive had Blue inside and Red For years and just went to white LOL

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dang. I would love to see some pics. I want white or blue but kinda would like to see a pic first.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Hey ill get a pic up when i get home i have 4 LED boards with 25 smt 5050 leds on them and they are bright. 1 is enough to light up the whole interior and i had 3 LOL

2xblue 2xred if you or anyone is interested. It would be a great price. I really like them except i have no need for them now. And they will just be sitting in a box.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
I plan on changing the LED's on the maps and dome soon. Quick question though. Did you you have to add a load resistor to the wiring? I've heard that, depending on the LED structure, the LED can flicker on and off since the wiring is for bulbs and LED's need such a small input to turn on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just bought a $10 LED cluster (red, to match the rest of the interior) and wired it in to the dome. One post is positive the other negative. Easy 5 minute install.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I picked it up at either Auto Zone or Advanced, can't remember which. The other two I still need to do, but they just have amber bulbs in right now.

·
Registered
392 Posts
With the switch in the middle like that and the way you have it hooked up is there any light (even a small amount) coming from the LEDs when the doors are closed? I bought some white LEDs for my dome/map lights but unless I have the dome switch to off they output a small amount of light.

·
Registered
48 Posts
how do you take to clear covers off without breaking them i have all white leds i never put them in yet but im thinkin they all just pop off like my cars i had befor any know how they do??

·
Registered
392 Posts
how do you take to clear covers off without breaking them i have all white leds i never put them in yet but im thinkin they all just pop off like my cars i had befor any know how they do??
The dome clear cover pops right out just stick a small flat head up in there. The map lights come out in one piece with the plastic all around them. Again just stick a flat head up in there and pry. Just be careful not to scratch anything.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I took mine out to see the blub sizes and what not - took a little masking tape and wrapped it around the head of the flat head screwdriver so I wouldn't scratch. Dome light was a snap, map lights came out but took a little more 'finesse' haha

1 - 18 of 18 Posts