Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
If you want to do color changing LEDS, the use of potentiometers and LED Bar Dot Displays would be necessary. I am going to try and tackle this project soon, I have been doing heavy amounts of research and am almost about to gather the lights and what not. I am still trying to find schematic on the cluster of my G6 as far as each LED's source of power. If you interrupt their signal with the use of potentiometers and an dot display, it can be very easy, but tedious.

I will eventually be doing this and will definitely provide an example of what I did. But don't be looking for it soon. lol

·
Registered
110 Posts
Well I ran into a set back- I just noticed that my RPM and Speed Sense is ran through Data from the ECM, so essentially the wires I was going to tap into aren't at the cluster- however as for a write up- there is one out there already that is everything you would need to know and he describes it pretty in depth- its on a VWvortex forum. I however and going to design/ redesign my own PCB- (circuit board) and make it an aftermarket plug in, with LeD rings that you place behind the speedometer. It'll take awhile! But I will def show it when I'm done.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 2 of 2 Posts