Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Yea, you would have to go and crack open the instrument panel, and pretty much all the other ones to get to the LED lights and physically go and change each bulb. De-solder and re-solder in new ones. OR you can try to get clever, and find films that'll work with the color lights in there. It's a long shot but you can try to put say a different color film in front of the red LEDs and change the tint, but it could make them less bright and not really get close to the color your looking for.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
If you want to do color changing LEDS, the use of potentiometers and LED Bar Dot Displays would be necessary. I am going to try and tackle this project soon, I have been doing heavy amounts of research and am almost about to gather the lights and what not. I am still trying to find schematic on the cluster of my G6 as far as each LED's source of power. If you interrupt their signal with the use of potentiometers and an dot display, it can be very easy, but tedious.

I will eventually be doing this and will definitely provide an example of what I did. But don't be looking for it soon. lol

It would be cool if you a did a write up or a HOW-TO on it. It would be a fun project to tackle and I would enjoy being able to change my cluster LED color ha

1 - 2 of 2 Posts