Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Pontiac G6 it’s a standard model no special tea or anything like that and I needed to change out the headlights and found out and I believe it’s just from this model but I’m curious to see if anybody else knows any more information about it that you have to take the whole front end off just to change out the headlights bulbs that the headlights don’t just easily come out like they do on most makes and models and so like typically a shop in labor and just the ball parts at cost of two to $300 just to change out a headlight lamp I’m wondering if anybody knows an easier way for this particular model or if that’s just the standard how to do it???

·
Registered
343 Posts
I remove the two bolts holding the headlamp in place along with the trim push pins that hold the top of the front grill (possibly half of them from the lamp unit to the center of the grill) This allows me to lift / wiggle the headlamp unit out. On the outside of the car / each headlamp unit there is a locating pin. Nothing else holding it on the side near the grill that I recall. I find it easier the pull the grill side of the lamp unit forward past the grill trim as this makes the side with the locating pin easier to remove.

Hope this helps

·
08 convertible
198 Posts
As boomer said. Remove the trim push pins on top for that half of the car and the 2 headlamp screws on top (small hex head, about 7 or 8 mm). You pull the top of the bumper cover forward with one hand and you will have enough room to wiggle the headlight out. About a 2 minute job once you get the hang of it.

·
2007 G6 GT conv
14 Posts
I concur. Google replacement of Pontiac G6 headlights. There are several available. It takes longer to watch than to do the replacement.
One of them suggests (and I would agree) to place painters tape along the painted edge of the grill to protect it from the headlight unit.
Also, carefully examine the bulb connectors. Mine were fried (because of the constant ON) so I replaced them with ceramic connectors.
I have since ungraded to LED units. Nice and bright, but no upper cutoff, so I re-aimed them lower so as not to blind oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Would I need to start a new thread for the same but 2010?

Would I need to start a new thread for the same but 2010? My lights are not aligned and it is due to the whole headlight unit is jammed up a bit on one side. It _looks_ like a garage job.

·
08 convertible
198 Posts
The 2010 is the same, everything said above applies to your car. The updated bumper cover makes no difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts