Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I found this image a while back somewhere and always thought the gauges were HOT...might even be someone's G6 from the Forum. Has anyone successfully done this? Did you also change radio colors etc?

· Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Thats a photoshop!! naaahhhhh its real. There was a guy...think his name was Joey who did that a few years back(?).
Anyway its just a matter of removing and soldiering on new LED's.

I like the red so Im not changing mine. To me thats what makes us unique.

Everyone has white and blue.....nothing special there. But the red...!
Looks like an F-16! WOOT

· Registered
130 Posts
i think it's spelt soldering. lol. pretty positive in fact.

i would love mine in either white or purple..... :banana:

· Lead Foot
67 Posts
that looks awesome! my dad's vw jetta has a gorgeous blue and red lighting scheme that i would love to duplicate (sry, the g6 is cool, but it doesnt compare). i do a fair bit of soldering at work so i might have to give it a try! (yes, "solder" is the correct spelling. lol)

· Registered
71 Posts
that does look nice.. however the red is my favorite since the car is crimson red.. i have always thought about changing the color to LEDs that cycle through colors.. now that would be kinda cool..

· Registered
912 Posts
Ive have soldered for years and wouldn't attempt that with my luck id ruin the cluster.

The guy lampoon was talking about used a needle from another car it was the malibu i believe you would need to take apart the cluster and get the needles otherwise they would always be read no matter what led you put in there

· MonsterG6
386 Posts
AHHH!!! i want Blue in my car! Why cant it just be a matter of taking out the red bulb and putting in a blue one...ohhh that would look so nice..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.