Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a G6 Coupe and while parked at school today I got 2 dings in my driver side door in the bodylines, they are small, but noticable because the car is black. I've looked around online and the only solution I have found is to use a hairdryer and an air duster, and there are conflicting opinions on whether this actually works. Has anyone tried this method or have another solution for fixing this (outside of taking it to a body shop or dealership for repair)?

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You heat the dent with the hair dryer for 30 to 60 secs, then spray the area with the air duster (canned air) upside down, which results in liquid CO2, which has a tempreature of about -109 F... They say this "shocks" the sheet metal enough to allow it to "pop" back to its manufactured condition. At least this is one of the arguements given by the people who say it works. Physics and chemistry on the other hand, proves this liquid CO2 thing to be a myth. Carbon dioxide turns to dry ice around -78 F and as it warms will skip the liquid phase and go straight back to its gaseous state. I'm kinda making both arguements but the rapid heating and cooling of sheet metal is believed to "pop" some dents out. I was just wondering if anyone had tried it before, or if anyone had another idea that has worked for them in the past. The dent is on the bodyline on the coupe so i doubt it will come out without professional work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.