Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going crazy with this...any help would be greatly appreciated!

I took my car to the garage to have front wheel bearings replaced and check why the "check engine" light was on...Since my car was running perfectly, I thought maybe due to hitting 60k that it wanted routine maintenance.

Garage said my computer "quit communicating" so he re-programmed it. Since picking it up, my mileage and power are both down 25%...then the engine light went back on. Took it back, he reset it and cleaned the fuel line (rail?). But, same problem w/ mileage & power.

I have a 2006 G6 w/ 4 cylinder... used to get up to 34 @ 65mph down a flat highway and 26 mixed driving. Now 18 mpg in mixed driving.

Any thoughts?

·
RAM AIR!!
266 Posts
wow 25% power loss on the 2.4l that must really suck. but my best suggestion is to take it to the dealer since your mechanic can't fix the problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dealer diagnosed it as the Cat Convertor, replaced it for free under their 80k warranty and BAMMM... I'm back in business! It worked... mileage back to 32 hwy / 28 mixed & runs strong - these L4's have the feel of a V6... happy again

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE on engine light...
The Cat Converter was replaced & the car has been running well... BUT NOW the check engine light has now come back on, very slight engine stutter from time to time, but only a slight difference in fuel economy. The lights goes on & off every 500 miles. I'm not going back til something falls off this thing... don't know what to think

·
Registered
195 Posts
uhhh open the hood and check to see if all the air hose are connected ... mine had a problem like that ... all i had to do was put the air hose back on and it ran perfect and the light went off by itself

1 - 7 of 7 Posts