Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help... I just bought a used G6 GT 3.5 about a week ago with 43,000 miles. It ran good for about a week. Now acceleration is sluggish, hesitatant (jerky), the check engine light flashes and then goes to solid accompanied by the traction control light going on and off (and Service Traction message on the radio display). The problem is worse when I start from a stop (although I have encountered it all speeds). If I press moderately or hard on the gas, the problem appears right away.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bought an OBD II code reader... I am getting a P301 Cylinder 1 misfire (no other codes are showing up). This is happening when I accelerate. Does anybody have any ideas as to what I should look into or check further?

Thanks,

Paul

·
Registered
15 Posts
having the same issue with my 2007 3.5 L. dealer changed plug and wire on #2 cylinder. had the same issue on way home tonight but the lights reset on their own so don't know what the code was. will keep u updated

·
Registered
1 Posts
Engine light and traction control

Just got mine back from the dealer and they replaced 2 spark plugs and a wire. Apparently the wire was arcing. I was told that the traction control light comes on in conjunction with the engine light as a safety feature to the engine when a misfire occurs. It seems to be running fine again. To be continued........?

·
Registered
4 Posts
G6 service traction control

Good day Paul.
To get rid of this problem you simply have to replace you air filter.
This problem has to do with the OBD II code P0171 & P0174.
P0171: System too lean, bank 1. And P0174: System too lean bank 2
This means that your engine is not heaving sufficient air intake.
This is causing that the TC & the check engine light to come on and off.

Hoping that his will solve your problem for ones and for all

I,m Odnal

From Curaçao

·
Registered
4 Posts
Traction Control message.

Dear Sir,
This problem has to do with the OBDII troubleshoot codes P0171 & P0174
The code P0171:Sytem too lean bank 1.
The code P0174: System too lean Bank 2.
In this case you have to check and replace your Air Filter if needed.
Your engine is not having sufficient air to work properly.
And this is having effect on the Traction Control & Check Engine light that is coming on and off.
Try it this will solve your problem.
I,v had the same problem with my G6 2007 1 month ago, and it still running smoothly.

Hope that this will solve your problem too.

Odnal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Please help... I just bought a used G6 GT 3.5 about a week ago with 43,000 miles. It ran good for about a week. Now acceleration is sluggish, hesitatant (jerky), the check engine light flashes and then goes to solid accompanied by the traction control light going on and off (and Service Traction message on the radio display). The problem is worse when I start from a stop (although I have encountered it all speeds). If I press moderately or hard on the gas, the problem appears right away.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul
Mr. Paul good day to you.
About two month ago i had the same problem with my Pontiac G6 2007 GT.
What i did was took a OBD II scan and got two code's : P0171=System too lean bank 1 & P0174 System too lean bank 2.
The first thing I did was replace the Air Filter that was stuck with dirt.
The 2nd I did was clean-up the Throttle Body and Throttle Body Sensor with Carb & Throttle Body cleaner spray.
Check if there's any air leak on the intake hose ore intake manifold.
Start the engine leave it running for about 2 minutes at a RPM of 2800.
Than you can take your car for a drive test.
Hope that this will solve your problem just like it has solved mine.

Odnal

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mr. Paul good day to you.
About two month ago i had the same problem with my Pontiac G6 2007 GT.
What i did was took a OBD II scan and got two code's : P0171=System too lean bank 1 & P0174 System too lean bank 2.
The first thing I did was replace the Air Filter that was stuck with dirt.
The 2nd I did was clean-up the Throttle Body and Throttle Body Sensor with Carb & Throttle Body cleaner spray.
Check if there's any air leak on the intake hose ore intake manifold.
Start the engine leave it running for about 2 minutes at a RPM of 2800.
Than you can take your car for a drive test.
Hope that this will solve your problem just like it has solved mine.

Odnal

·
Registered
2007 Pontiac G6 GT coupe 3.5L V6
27 Posts
I had the same issue with my G6 , still currently have the issues coming and going because I haven't replaced my fuel injectors yet. I bought my car with over a half tank of gas that was bad gas as it sat for 6 Months (they started it and drove it around a lock here.and there but that is it. So gas wasn't good anymore) my 2007 Pontiac G6 had 68k miles on it when the check engine light came on with the no traction light and saying service traction soon on my radio.

My scanner threw the codes P0171: System too lean and P0174 ,I changed my air filter, replaced my 02 censor (downstream) , put seafoam in the gas tank when it was almost completely empty on gas, I cleaned my throttle body with sea foam, cleaned my MAF sensor, I didn't replace my spark plugs and wires or my fuel injectors yet. But when I took my car to the shop they suggested that I clean my MAP sensor again and if that only temporary works again then to replace my MAP sensor. Guess you can purchase a plug and play one so the sensor is already in the housing so that's less riskier of messing up the sensor with your oils on your skin..... But as for my fuel injectors, as my car is less than 100k miles I would rather just look at my spark plugs to see if they are burnt or anything before replacing those and taking my fuel injectors out to clean them before having to spend the money to replace them if that isn't the issue either..

So good luck......

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.