Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my traction control light has been turning on and off repeatedly, mostly when I'm on the highway. It also feels like the car is shifting hard, or as if it misses when I accelerate. After turning on and off a few times, eventually my check engine light comes on. My car just turned over 92K miles and I recently had my transmission rebuilt by GM. I took my car to AutoZone and it was throwing code P0174. I checked my MAF censor and it looks fine, and I also bought some good fuel injector cleaner so I don't think that's the problem either. Anyone have this problem, if so, have you found a solution?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
6 Posts
Recently my traction control light has been turning on and off repeatedly, mostly when I'm on the highway. It also feels like the car is shifting hard, or as if it misses when I accelerate. After turning on and off a few times, eventually my check engine light comes on. My car just turned over 92K miles and I recently had my transmission rebuilt by GM. I took my car to AutoZone and it was throwing code P0174. I checked my MAF censor and it looks fine, and I also bought some good fuel injector cleaner so I don't think that's the problem either. Anyone have this problem, if so, have you found a solution?

Thanks,
Mike
Currently have the same problem.... We're is the MAF sensor located sorry to sound stupid

I am throwing a P0171 and P0174

·
Registered
2,388 Posts

Thanks,
Mike
P0174: running lean in bank 2--either too much air or not enough fuel

(The traction control system is disabled for so many reasons it is not very helpful as a diagnostic aid)

There are lots of possible causes but start here:

A dirty MAF sensor. Carefully clean it no matter what it looks like. Use only MAF sensor spray & don't touch the sensor wire with anything but the spray. Also clean the throttle body if that hasn't been done lately. After you have done these two maintenance items clear the code & see if it returns. If it does you next need to look for an unmetered air leak that affects bank 2 more than bank 1. Looking at the fuel trim would probably be very helpful in the diagnosis but that requires tools & training most DIYers don't have.

What year & which engine?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts