Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a custom exhaust done today. Pics are below.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Keith,

What does it sound like? I know a guy who had some magnaflows on his GAGT and it sounded really aggressive. It sounded almost like a V8. (Zoran if you remember him from Grandamgt.com)

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TLS2000 said:
Keith,

What does it sound like? I know a guy who had some magnaflows on his GAGT and it sounded really aggressive. It sounded almost like a V8. (Zoran if you remember him from Grandamgt.com)
It does sound aggressive. It has a deep tone, but without the annoying drone. The shop owner describes it as "Porsche-like".

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thunkele said:
how much does something like that run?
It is a totally custom fabrication that ran $900. If you saw it and heard it in person, you would see it was worth the money.

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
branderson said:
sweet. im interested to hear some sound clips. i really like what you've done to your g6 so far.
Thanks for the compliments. I will have to work on getting sound clips. ;)

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sleepless said:
What mufflers did you use? and is averything stock but the mufflers?
There are a total of 3 Magnaflow mufflers and nothing in the system is stock. The piping is 2.5" T409 SS from the resonator(Magnaflow round muffler) to the 'Y' split(2.25" T409 SS) for 2 Magnaflow mufflers in back. The tips are 4" Double walled, polished SS tips. :)

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rwbooth said:
SCGA1,

Great job. What performance benefits did you get?
There is better mid to top end power. On launches, the car is slightly quicker. I would estimate a gain of about 10-12 hp.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts