Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is this just the internet version of what is in their manual?
It's better its not paper lol plus you can do a search instead of flipping through a million pages plus it lists all the trouble codes and all the recalls as well it's free

·
Registered
22 Posts
Is this just the internet version of what is in their manual?
It's free I hope that wasn't a question in the form of disappointment
I have the Chilton manual already is why I asked. I still prefer a factory service manual which is why I subscribe to the AutozoneDIY offering. They have a LOT more information than the Chilton's manual. But the Chilton's manual is good enough for most owners and DIY folks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have the Chilton manual already is why I asked. I still prefer a factory service manual which is why I subscribe to the AutozoneDIY offering. They have a LOT more information than the Chilton's manual. But the Chilton's manual is good enough for most owners and DIY folks.
What does autozone charge because I'm always interested in more information about the g6 the more the better

·
Registered
22 Posts
What does autozone charge because I'm always interested in more information about the g6 the more the better
alldatadiy.com $29.95 yr You can also print any page you pull up. I like hard copy of electrical schematics and other things that I can bring right to my car. I have a PC so I can't move it. Plus I can use highlight pens for circuits etc.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I bought one of these service manual DVD's a couple of years ago:
Pontiac G6 2005-2009 Complete GM Service Body Workshop Repair Manual DVD | eBay
It has all the technician level descriptions, diagnostics and diagrams GM produced for their dealers. It's a bit clunky to use on a computer, but it's all there and you can print out pages and diagrams as you wish. Once you buy it, there's no subscription needed since the G6's are out of productions. (You can subscribe to update other GM models if you like.)

There are also several TechII compatible scanner clones available from eBay vendors that can supplement this information. I've been very pleased with both.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought one of these service manual DVD's a couple of years ago:
Pontiac G6 2005-2009 Complete GM Service Body Workshop Repair Manual DVD | eBay
It has all the technician level descriptions, diagnostics and diagrams GM produced for their dealers. It's a bit clunky to use on a computer, but it's all there and you can print out pages and diagrams as you wish. Once you buy it, there's no subscription needed since the G6's are out of productions. (You can subscribe to update other GM models if you like.)

There are also several TechII compatible scanner clones available from eBay vendors that can supplement this information. I've been very pleased with both.
Yes, I made the MISTAKE of buying that DVD. The diagrams and electrical schematics are terrible! It is no where near the quality and content as the Autozone offering alldatadiy! As I recall I couldn't print anything off that DVD!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Sorry it didn't work out for you. Yes, the diagrams aren't the best, but they're fairly high resolution and I've been able to zoom and print them as needed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry it didn't work out for you. Yes, the diagrams aren't the best, but they're fairly high resolution and I've been able to zoom and print them as needed.
It is a copy- paste mess! The diagrams are fuzzy and smaller. The electrical schematics are also not as good. Poorly organized and more difficult to navigate. In my opinion it is no where near as good as the Autozone-ALLDATADIY offering! I wish I had heard about that one before I bought that DVD! Alldatadiy uses all the factory illustrations and diagrams. Service Bulletins and every update. The troubleshooting trees are also superior. I heard about it on the Facebook G6 group. Some guys like the Mitchell1 product which is designed for professionals. They offer a 3 month free offer which I might try just to see the difference.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts