Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few chips out of my windshield so I turned it in to the insurance company. Well they sent out someone from safelite to replace it, but the guy said it didn't need replaced or repaired because they are about the size of the tip of a needle. He said it was up to me if I wanted it done, but that in his professional opinion it didn't need it because it would never crack. He said a piece of sand could cause a chip like that. He went on to say that he felt like breaking the seal would do more harm than good. That on top of the fact I read so many bad reviews on safelite's work helped me decide not to replace it, but I'm wondering if that was the right choice. Do any of you have little tiny chips like that and if so did you have it replaced? I'll post pictures later, but he said it wasn't even big enough to repair. I must drive past the mines to leave my house to go anywhere so I figured tiny coals hit it. The guy did say it would be deleted so my insurance isn't charged so later if I decide to have it replaced I can. I just didn't feel comfortable with their work since he told me it would never be the same once he broke the seal and that it would scratch my paint. Did I do the right thing?

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Yes you did the right thing. Chips in the windshield doesn't warrant a whole windshield replace. If you drive past coal mines then you should be more worried about your paint chipping than your windshield.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's a picture of two of the little chips that I have. There are about 4 more like this, but they don't affect my view. I do have paint chipped off of my hood that I used touch up paint on. I circled the little chips so you all could see them. Oh and I have water spots so if anyone has any tips to get rid of those I would appreciate it.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
What chips? Those water spots? That's nothing.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No not the water spots. The chips are circled in pink. Their much more noticeable in person.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
That's even smaller than I thought. Unless you have the money to pay for a new windshield or get an actual crack in the windshield, that is never worth replacing.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's kind of what I was thinking. The insurance said it would pay for it, but after I spoke to the tech he made me second guess it. Do you have any advice for getting rid of the water spots? I can't seem to get it cleaned with Stoner's.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Google some solutions for hard water spots on the windshield. I could never get the ones off my windshield either although I never really tried that hard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts