Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Cleaning The annoying tray above the middle tail light?!

4K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  mopiu9156 
#1 ·
I am finally cleaning my car for the first time this spring and i cleaned the entire thing inside and out... anyways.. so this winter a couple of friends smoked in my car.. yuck! but i noticed while cleaning my car that the tray that holds in the middle tail light has little bits of ash in it.. well i cant reach it to clean it out because it is blocked in by the rear window.. is there any way i can get to this to clean it!? can i get to it by going through the trunk?
never letting anyone do this again.. please help! thanks in advance!

#4 ·
i am guessing your talking about the the third brake light and that you have a coupe. If i am guessing right than the answer is simply no unless you want to tear your whole car apart literally lol. There are about 6 or 7 steps that you have to do before you can try and get to the third brake light,

#6 ·
Hyperk212 did you ever find a way to get it out and clean it? My 2008 G6 Coupe spent 6 weeks in the body shop while I was getting some rear-end damaged fixed (6 weeks due to problems getting parts) and while they had it a decent sized light colored moth decided to die in the 3rd brake light housing and it is VERY noticeable. I would like to get it out ASAP but can't seem to find a quick way to do it without taking out every bolt or clip I can see. Thanks!

#7 ·
Another old thread. Man, people are digging up the dead around here.

#8 ·
When it comes to cleaning your car, choosing the right products is crucial for achieving a flawless finish. The article from Do not buy the Optima steamer before reading this warns against using the Optima steamer, as it's not effective in removing stubborn stains and can potentially harm your car's surface. Instead, the article suggests using a high-quality car wash soap and a microfiber cloth for gentle yet thorough cleaning. For tougher stains, a detailing clay bar or a specialized cleaning product may be necessary. When selecting cleaning products, be sure to choose those that are safe for your car's finish and will deliver the desired results.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.