Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,
I have a 06-G6 V4...and the engine light is on...according too the dealer ship its my piston #4 that is misfiring. Now the coils and the spark plug is good according to them...they supposedly switch it with piston 3 and the same code came up. So now they are telling me that i have moisture in the system or my injector is getting blocked. As for moisture, the only thing that i could do is take it for a really long ride and see what happens...see if the engine light turns off...but for the injector, i was thinking of changing it, of course only if the long ride does not fix it. But once this is all done...how can i clear that code from the system...was is the procedure to clear that soft code. Because that light is not always on...i was told that its a soft code...pls correct me if i am wrong. thanks

· Registered
19 Posts
It has been happening a lot with G6's lately, it could be a number of things, first I would start off with the simple stuff have them pull the plugs and replace them, you may have a cracked plug, how do I know this you ask? I just got the same thing yesterday and took it to autozone and the code reader said port 1 misfire came home pulled the plug and boom cracked plug. Other than that, moisture removal treatment, etcc just keep going down the line.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But the dealer changed the plugs...changed plug 4 for 3...and it still came up as misfire on 4, so thats why i assume that the plugs are good...but what about this moisture removal treatment??? Never heard of this...thanks

· Registered
19 Posts
I did to and when I did it cracked, even if there is a crack in the insulation it can cause a misfire, I had a hairline fracture on the plug in one and it was causing it, also make sure that you wires are good to, and that every thing is corrosion free and connected proprly. They have gas treatment stuff at any local car store, you add it in and it will remove all the moisture in your system so you will be back to running perfect in no time. :)

· Registered
19 Posts
Or you could always by the Fuel Injector Cleaners to to help clear up the injectors if there is a problem there instead of replacing it, cheap steps are better then taking big expensive ones for no reason.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks Wojcik...i will try that treatment and see what happens...if the engine light stays on...do you know on how to remove the code from the system. I was told that there might be a key sequence to do to clear the code. Something about turning the ignition key for 30 sec then off again...and then start it and turn it off...and then back on...or something like that???

· Active G6er
27 Posts
Yeah i agree with wojcik. I would first take it on your long drive then to autozone and have them clear it. They will tell you they shouldn't but some might. Then if that doesnt fix it I would suggest changing the plugs and some fuels treatment. Should clear it up...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.