Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car gets bad mileage and jerks idles rough after clear codes with engine runnin with ob2d device at the moment I cleared it the engine wet dead and has been acting up since any suggestions as to wat it is wrong?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Number ONE ... You should NOT clear codes with the engine RUNNING. KEY ON ENGINE OFF.
Number TWO WRITE DOWN CODE NUMBERS BEFORE CLEARING, then post them here so we can try and help you. IT is a lot easier to help when we know what the car's computer is seeing wrong that is turning on the Engine light.
Also posting the YEAR and engine size goes a long way to give assistance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
best way to clear codes is take a battery cable off for awhile . If it comes back on after started check the code, fix the problem, take a post off to reset code and put the batt cable back on. No need to code clearing gadgets

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
08 Pontiac g6 2.4 four door sedan now it barely idles ive changed o2 sensors coil packs and plugs intake manifold sensor my oil has a gas smell and fuel pressure does shoot a stream out by the fuel rail when depressed also the starter will stay engaged from time to time after its running

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What scan codes have returned since you cleared them?
The 2.4l has been known to suffer from a failed catalytic converter where they can clog and cause back pressure - 9 Symptoms Of A Bad Or Clogged Catalytic Converter I believe you can perform a vacuum and flow test to know for sure. It may be possible to borrow the tools from an auto parts store.
Here's what is showin now i have all new coil pack and plugs it will crank and idle rough but when i press the gas it stalls
What scan codes have returned since you cleared them?
The 2.4l has been known to suffer from a failed catalytic converter where they can clog and cause back pressure - 9 Symptoms Of A Bad Or Clogged Catalytic Converter I believe you can perform a vacuum and flow test to know for sure. It may be possible to borrow the tools from an auto parts store.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Whats the tool i need for the vacum flow test and could it have any thing to do with brakes they go to do floor but still work when i press the brakes it changes the rpms to lower or raise slightly

·
Super Moderator
966 Posts
There are a number of youtube videos on catalytic converter testing. I have not had to do it, so probably couldn't explain it well

P0651 relates to the following and I would guess B would be 2
Font Number Screenshot Document Circle

Rectangle Font Magenta Circle Number

Hope this helps

·
Registered
6 Posts
08 Pontiac g6 2.4 four door sedan now it barely idles ive changed o2 sensors coil packs and plugs intake manifold sensor my oil has a gas smell and fuel pressure does shoot a stream out by the fuel rail when depressed also the starter will stay engaged from time to time after its running
Check your throttle position sensor hidden beneath that flat aluminum rail (fuel rail? Idk) closer to the front than the cams, mine popped half out one day and was making deathcurtling backfires and continuous and random revs, thought it was done for, borrowed a temp car and everything. Took one final look over and saw a bright orange gasket sticking out, popped it in and all was fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts