Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well to start things off I have several phone calls in to a few companies about making some clear taillights. I have been on the phone and sending emails all day. I am trying to get a $$$ figure per set. When I have more info available I will post it. The companies that I am working with are Alfa Otto and usautoparts. I am looking for others as well so if anyone has any companies they know of please feel free to post then or email.

P.S. They also want to know how many people are interested. So feel free to post so I can keep track.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm down for all clear tails with a special turn signal area with a yellow light.. i think flashing red tails for a turn signal look cheap..

·
Registered
316 Posts
Here, Here.

That's my biggest complaint about the sedan G6. The blinking red tailights have to go. At least the Grand Am had a different portion of the tail lights blink red.

It just looks like it was a corner cutting move, to me. I don't particularly think any car looks good with yellow, white, and red integrated tailights (coughJEEPcough), but blinking red is not ok :/

·
Registered
279 Posts
One problem is that the production lamp uses same bulb for stop and turn function so it kind of wants/needs to be red.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright I have some more info on the taillights. After the recent phone conversation they are going to look into the production numbers of the car as well as the interest level of the car. He said he will be looking into forums for the G6 and see how the threads are going on it. So any help might get this into production.

·
Registered
46 Posts
YES! I'm interrested, always wanted them for my GA, by the time they made them the car wasn't worth it. Let's hope they don't wait 3-4 years to make them for the G6. Hopefully they can keep them under $250. (That's for a sedan).
Thanks-

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone given any thought into swapping their taillights (sedan) with those off of a Saturn Aura? They look the same shape after all they are the same body, engine, platform. I thought it would give it a different look aside from it being so plain looking and looking the same as the G5 and Cobalt sedan.

·
Registered
86 Posts
SLICK6GTP said:
Has anyone given any thought into swapping their taillights (sedan) with those off of a Saturn Aura? They look the same shape after all they are the same body, engine, platform. I thought it would give it a different look aside from it being so plain looking and looking the same as the G5 and Cobalt sedan.
yes it has been talked about before

http://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1523

and no, they cannot be bolted on. the shape is similar but not the exact same.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have been waiting for these...

ever since I got my car. I am more then interested in these. I own the Silver 05 Sedan and these would look incredible bolted on there.

Please keep me updated it you can and would. Thank you.
:D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Living in Germany of course I'd like to be able to change the turn signal from red to orange. But as it has been said, brake/turn signal, running light use the same dual element bulb. It's been a while since I last looked so I'm not sure if the Brake and Turn signal use the same wire.... hmmmm

·
Registered
31 Posts
Very happy to hear that someone is doing something about this. I have been look for the past week to get something for my G6. There really isnt a whole lot out there yet, which sucks. Next, i think they need to make new headlights. I really thought about painting them, like some other people have, but that is too much work for me. I would probably just mess them up and they would look like something out of the trailer park! Kee

1 - 20 of 26 Posts